+1 707 799 8675
I am a senior software developer based in Brooklyn with twelve years professional experience. I have two passions in software. The first is building beautiful tools for people to share knowledge, advice and experience. The second is creating reliable infrastructure that is easy to use and maintain.
Outside of the tech-world I am an Eagle Scout. I enjoy contributing to open source projects, reading, listening to music and wandering through cities and countrysides.
Open Source Developer
I currently am a contributor to the open source project fog and also a bunch of other small projects.
Hillary for America
Staff Site Reliability Engineer January 2016 through December 2016. Promoted reliability in both our web serving infrastructure and data analytics pipelines. Survived constant attacks with only 15 minutes of downtime the entire campaign.
Technical Lead August 2015 to January 2016.
- Led optimization efforts for holiday traffic. Cut average site load time in half and shrunk average API response time by two magnitudes.
- Helped define code review and code style policies for the development team.
- Managed a team of three full time software engineers.
Site Reliability Engineer April 2012 to March 2015.
- SRE for Google Compute Engine in London and San Francisco. My job included being part of an oncall rotation and writing software to maintain, monitor and optimize hundreds of thousands of servers globally. I also spent a decent amount of time analyzing processes used by the teams I worked closely with to try and automate people out of a job, myself included.
- While on SRE I also worked on Google Cloud Storage and designed and built Google Cloud Status.
Software Engineer August 2011 to April 2012. I worked on Punchd, Google Offers and Google Local in Mountain View, CA.
Punchd, Mountain View, CA
Software Developer January 2011 to September 2012.
- Rearchitected the site from PHP on Dreamhost to Ruby on Rails on Amazon EC2.
- Instituted production monitoring and alerting.
iFixit.com, San Luis Obispo, CA
Software Developer April 2009 to April 2011.
- Created a site-wide reputation community, which began with iFixit.com/Answers.
Adobe Systems Incorporated, San Francisco, CA
Dreamweaver Quality Engineering Intern Summer 2007 and 2008.
- Tested both daily builds and released versions of Dreamweaver against various operating systems - including Mac OSX 10.4, Mac OSX 10.5, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
- Developed and tested the Web Widgets Feature for Dreamweaver CS4, which won the “Dreamweaver Community Feature of the Year” award in 2008.
County of Sonoma ISD, Santa Rosa, CA
Intern Summer 2005. Built websites and maintained computer labs and data centers.
BSA Camp Oljato, Lakeshore, CA
Nature Director Summer 2006.
Camp Counselor Summer 2002, 2003 and 2004.
Computer Science, B.S. California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. Fall 2006 - Spring 2011.
Recurser Recurse Center, New York. Spring 2015
Software: GCP, AWS, Photoshop, Vim, Linux, Docker, Postgres, MySQL and lots of cloud related things